Thursday, June 10, 2010

When will I, will I be famous...?

Well, I can't answer.
I can't answer that (who was that band?)

Anyway, you give birth to your children, nurture them, give them the best start that you can, then you send them out into the world and only hope that the world will treat them kindly.
You know that some people just won't get them - your kids are complex creatures, with layers of sophistication not always recognised at first glance.
You know that they will make fair weather friends who will use them then discard then without a second thought.
Some go out into the big world, never to be heard from again.
But some, like David Mortimore Baxter's Famous, will fly back and say 'Hey look what I did.'
Which is what happened today when my US publisher advised me that Famous had been listed in the prestigious Bank Street Best Children's Books of the Year 2010.
That's my boy!

5 comments:

Cath Crowley said...

Congratulations!

karen tayleur said...

Hey Cath, congrats yourself. What a gorgeous looking cover, now we shall have to go to the States to check it out in person! Oh, BTW, did you see that we are on a panel together for the Melbourne Writer's Fest! What a hoot!

Sue Whiting said...

That is fantastic news. Congratulations!

karen tayleur said...

Hi Sue, hopped on your website and saw you have a new book coming out - congrats! Are you having a launch?

Alison Arnold said...

Yay KT! Great news. I always knew DMB had fame and fortune in him.