Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Obe One - you're my only hope...

I'm sending my message out there.
I'm looking for a line of text that will inspire me for my next book.
I spent two hours in the car coming home from the country
trying to find the voice for my next character.
I didn't talk, just kept trolling through a list of people
who didn't quite do it for me.
So now I resort to you, dear reader.
In the same way the my teacher would write a line of text
on the board and say, 'start writing'
I am looking for a line of text.
The person who writes the line I choose will receive a free copy of Six.

You're my only hope.

8 comments:

BetaGirl said...

"Shirley’s plan was to take over one room then invade the rest of the house, much in the same way the bubonic plague spreads throughout a city"
- by BetaGirl

WriterWoman said...

"The clock struck zero O’clock and Shirley and EeVon were on the hideout from the giant pink robots"
- by "WriterWoman"

karen tayleur said...

Both very good mental starters. Although giant pink robots have been used before, I'm fairly certain. Any other takers?

Amu said...

Have you started yet?

The new year kicked off with light and sounds colliding in the sky and someone else's vomit dribbling wetly over my feet. The universe really liked to celebrate the lowpoints of my life with style and flare.


I already have your new book. You'll just have to think of a different prize.

karen tayleur said...

Amu - what I like about you is your sincere self-belief. Nice intro by the way. Witty, gritty and a little bit self-deprecating.

George Ivanoff said...

She looked out at the strange urban landscape, with its bizarre juxtaposition of architectural styles — the contemporary alongside the archaic, the aesthetic with the utilitarian, the real and the mythic, the lyrical, the tuneless — and wondered if she really wanted to be here. Of course, it was too late to turn back now. She had made her decision and home no longer existed.

Amu said...

Yes. Sincere self-belief.

Or total lack of modesty and an unacceptably high opinion of my talent.

Between Hostage and Six you've written very sensitive and reflective female leads. Maybe I don't have a winning line for you, but I might prompt you to write a female lead who could be more reckless and naive, maybe has a sense of infalibility.

karen tayleur said...

Hey George, that gave me goosebumps.