Thursday, March 24, 2011

Excuse me, do I know you?

You know the feeling.
You're at a school reunion, or the petrol station, or at a footy game, and the stranger approaching you from the opposite direction has a huge smile on their face.
You panic.
You should know this person. You smile back, flipping through the photo albums in your memory which come up with a big fat zero.
It happened to me tonight.
I was in our local shopping mall and a man to the right of me left the shiny Telstra shop where people were signing the next 24 months of their lives away. (Ahh, shiny, pretty - can't hear anything except 'it's all yours')
So there he was, approaching me with a grin, and I knew straight away that I should know him. He had a cocky walk and a crooked grin. He moved with purpose and the crowds cleared a path for him as he strode toward me.
He had a moustache. This took up 35% of his face - so I couldn't avoid thinking about it. I flicked through my memory album but all it could come up with was Tom Selleck, and I have to say he was no Tom Selleck.

It was only on the way home that I realised why I recognised him.
He looked exactly like Super Mario from our Wii game at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA !!!!

Anonymous said...

A little kid dressed up as super mario for multicultural day at Preston West Primary school last month. It took a minute to remember who he was! :) The quirky interpretations of "multicultural" made me smile.

Maybe Mario is making a comeback?